Buyer / Scheduler
Our client is a well-established supplier of high-quality products to the food service industry, with a broad range of products aimed to offer a “one-stop shop” for their customers. They are focused on innovation and dedicated to excellent customer service.
The role of Scheduler will be involved with the purchase of all products in the company’s broad and growing range. It is a fascinating and varied position, working with various teams within the company to ensure orders meet customer demand within acceptable limits of stock value and life, while managing purchasing and supplier performance. Attention to detail will be the key to achieving the specific requirements of the role, which include:
- Liaising with Field Sales, Finance and Telesales.
- Participating in new product request cycle.
- Manage purchasing around product promotions to ensure anticipated uplifts in demand can be met and that advantageous pricing is fully exploited throughout promotional activities.
- Ensure that products are ordered in accordance with contractual terms and in sufficient quantities to meet customer needs.
- Driving best pricing deals on bulk orders.
- Monitoring supplier performance.
- Arrange collections from suppliers and inform transport team.
- Control booking in calls from suppliers delivering stock onto site.
- Keeping stock holding to agreed policy rules.
- Maintaining stocks within acceptable minimum stock life.
- Maintaining short date stocks.
- Investigating stock issues.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Scheduler, accustomed to working in an FMCG environment, ideally in the food industry. They will also have the following skills and experience:
- Computer literacy – confident with MS Excel and Word.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Confident and resourceful in the face of challenges, with a positive attitude.
- Problem-solving capabilities, and a logical approach to issues.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, with both colleagues and suppliers.
- Self-motivation and a willingness to take the initiative in decision-making.
- Adaptability and ability to deal pro-actively with new input and changing environment.
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
- Good experience of supplier negotiation and stock management.